|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Alice Springs, Australia|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2017|
Applications only via the link below (or link when logged into GISjobs). LinkedIn applications will not be accepted.
ASO 5 - ASO 6 (Board banded) (Commencing $67,058, progressing to $83,199)
3 year fixed-term contract
Reporting to the Mapping Team Leader and working within a small team to deliver data and analytical services to the business. While this role would suit those with significant data, analytical or system development experience, recent graduates and YP's are also encouraged to apply as we are willing to provide required training and development for the right candidate.
You will play a key role in:
- Providing custom cartographic and data products to CLC staff;
- Developing and maintaining eGDB's, metadata and data sets;
- Documenting processes and create custom applications to improve task and workflow efficiency;
- Developing and publishing web services;
- Providing spatial analytics for a range of applications including bushfire management, biological surveys and imagery analysis;
- Developing and delivering training to staff members;
- Interacting and influencing at all levels within the business.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have a passion for identifying and providing effective solutions and service to the business.
Suitable applicants will have:
- Strong initiative and ability to identify opportunities and issues for a GIS
- Demonstrated success in initiating and delivering projects
- Experience implementing or using spatial technologies
- Geospatial data analysis
In return, CLC offers you the benefits that come from working in a supportive, multidisciplinary environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 16 JULY 2017
For a confidential conversation please contact the Mapping Team Leader, Hugh Round on (08) 8951 6340. For Job Descriptions and Selection Criteria, please visit http://www.clc.org.au/articles/cat/vacancies-at-the-clc/
Significant benefits include: base salary, district allowance, superannuation, leave loading, relocation assistance, annual airfare allowance and salary packaging options.
Annual progression within the salary scale is subject to satisfactory performance. Progression is in accordance with annual increments set out in an enterprise agreement.