|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 3, 2017|
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is seeking an experienced Senior GIS Specialist for a major project in Brisbane for a world class Oil and Gas client.
- Provide data management, detailed mapping, and data analysis
- Support and direct field data collection (survey) activities from the spatial science perspective
- Contribute to the development of spatial databases and provide recommendations regarding spatial database infrastructure
- Provide advice, guidance and support to database administrators and to application developers on access and use of data
- Advise and consult with system administrators on data issues
- Develop and manage a comprehensive corporate spatial database
- Producing high quality cartographic maps datasets ensuring agreed timelines are met.
- Validating that client spatial data within geodatabases meets standards and undertaking data analyses and data conversion
- Management of GPS devices and undertaking GPS data processing.
- Meeting client expectations with a focus on quality deliverables within agreed timeframes
- Develop, publish and enforce policies and procedures governing spatial data collection
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated suitable on-job experience (10 years’ experience)
- High level understanding and knowledge of all aspects of GIS, with specific experience in Environmental GIS
- Experience with ESRI’s GIS software suite, spatial data and spatial data infrastructure
- Experience with mobile data collection platforms including hardware and software such as Trimble Pathfinder Office and TeraSync
- Experience in modelling an automation through the use of ArcGIS model builder, FME and Python
- Experience in the administration and use spatial data stored in SQL RDMS databases
- Experience with application of GIS in relation to Coal Seam Gas projects highly desirable
- Highly developed/demonstrated spatial analysis skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of interoperability
If this sounds interesting to you, please submit your resume along with a brief cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.